top of page
  • Alastair Blair

If you want to join your family in the UK

If you’re a spouse, partner or family member of someone who has British citizenship or settlement in the UK, you can apply for a family visa to join them, however, they may need to show that they can support you financially.

After a set amount of time living in the UK. you may be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR).

If your family member is in the UK on a visa

You may be able to apply for a visa to join a family member who’s in the UK on a visa. They must be either:

·       your spouse or partner

·       your parent, if you’re 18 or under

Other ways to get permission to live in the UK

If you’re from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or LiechtensteinIf you started living in the UK by 31 December 2020, you may be able to apply to the free EU Settlement Scheme instead of applying for a visa. The deadline to apply was 30 June 2021, but you can still apply if you can show reasonable grounds for the delay in applying.

For your application to succeed, it will depend on your circumstances and the type of visa please contact us on or telephone +44 (0) 7458 366 159.

Silvia Molina Rodriguez


7 views0 comments


bottom of page